Solar Energy Manager is a solar power management module, which can charge the 3.7V 18650 lithium battery through solar panel or USB port. The module features MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) and protection functions of battery charging and discharging. MPPT power point tracking can automatically adjust the charging power according to the input voltage, taking advantage of solar energy more efficiently. The protection circuit of charging and discharging can monitor the battery voltage in real time, preventing the battery from overcharging and over-discharging. It can protect the battery and prolong the battery life. Due to its excellent stability and efficient management of charging and discharging, it can be used in solar power generation, low-power IoT and other environmental protection projects.
- Supports MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) function, maximizing the efficiency of the solar panel
- Supports solar panel / power adapter/USB multiple methods of connections for battery charging
- Suitable for 5V-24V solar panel, being wiring through DC-044 power jack or terminal block
- On-board MPPT SET switch, select the level closed to input level to improve charging efficiency
- On-board two ways of 5V output connectors:One USB female socket and two sets of pin headers, convenient for users
- On-board high capacity aluminum electrolytic capacitor and SMD ceramic capacitor, reducing the ripple, working more stably
- On-board 18650 battery holder and PH-2P battery socket, convenient to connect multi kinds of 3.7V rechargeable Li battery or Li battery pack
- Onboard various status indicators for checking the status of solar panel and battery easily
- Mounting holes are compatible with Raspberry Pi 3/4/5 series motherboards
- The board supports simultaneous charging and discharging
- Multi protection circuits: over charge / over discharge / reverse protection / over current, stable and safe to use
- Two input ports for solar panel: DC-044 power jack and KF128L-2P terminal block
- One USB TYPE-C input port
- One 18650 battery holder
- One PH-2PWB expansion connector for battery
- Two 5V output connectors: One USB female socket and two sets of pin headers
- One battery switch
|Solar Panel Input Voltage
|USB TYPE-C Input Voltage
|Pin Header Output
|5V/2A and 3.3V/1A
|Charging Cutoff Voltage
|Over Discharging Protection Voltage
|Output Efficiency of Battery
|Max Quiescent Current
|85mm(Length) x 56mm(Width)
1. Solar charging connector: can be wired to the solar panel through the DC-044 power jack.
2. Solar charging connector: can be wired to the solar panel through the terminal.
3. USB charging connector: can use the power adapter to charge the battery through the TYPE-C data cable.
4. The switch of Battery，This switch should be turned to "ON" when charging the battery and outputs 5V and 3.3V.
5. USB output port: output 5V/2A power through the USB port.
6. Output boost chip: CN5305 boost chip.
7. Pin header output port: output 5V/2A and 3.3V/1A power through pin header of 2.54mm pitch.
8. Output status indicator.
9. 3.7V lithium battery expansion connector: 3.7V lithium battery can be expanded through the PH-2PWB connector, and the expanded lithium battery can be charged and discharged.
10. 18650 lithium battery holder.
11. The indicator of battery capacity.
12. Battery output activation button. After installing the battery correctly, turn the battery switch "Battery Switch" to "ON". If the "OUTPUT ON" indicator does not light up, you can press the button at this time.
13. The warning indicator for battery reverse connection : lights up to warn when the battery is reversely connected.
14. Lithium battery protection circuit: lithium battery overcurrent, overdischarge, overcharge protection circuit.
15. CN3791 solar charging chip.
16. DIP switch for setting MPPT voltage : Solar charging MPPT voltage setting DIP switch, set the MPPT voltage according to the charging voltage, which can improve the charging efficiency. The MPPT setting voltage should be less than or equal to the input voltage. The solar panel input and USB TYPE-C input cannot charge the battery at the same time, only one port can be selected to charge the lithium battery at any time.
17. Lithium battery charging indicator: Charge: the light is on when the lithium battery is charged through the solar panel or USB connector; Done: the light is on when the lithium battery is charged (Done flashes when the lithium battery is disconnected or not connected during the charging process).
18. Warning indicator for solar panel reverse connection: When the solar panel is wired to the Solar Energy Manager, if the positive and negative poles are reversed, the warning indicator will light up to give an alarm.
19. Lead out the battery charging status and battery power pins (the pin header is not soldered).
- Solar Energy Manager x1
- M2.5 * 7 copper column x5
- M2.5 * 4 round head screw x5